BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] I don't get how to do a local backup with tar

2009-04-09 05:24:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] I don't get how to do a local backup with tar
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Laurin d'Volts <email.port25 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 11:13:16 +0200
Hi,

Laurin d'Volts wrote on 2009-04-08 23:10:37 -0500 [[BackupPC-users] I don't get
how to do a local backup with tar]:
> I'm playing with the CGI, and I can't grasp the logic of backuppc.

I won't comment on that.

> What I want to do is tar only certain folders.
>
> xfermethod = tar
> TarShareName = /
> Backupfilesonly = /home/laurin/images
>
> For some odd reason, when I go back to "localhost Home" it wants to
> archive the entire root. I don't understand this. Am I not specifying to
> only select /home/laurin/images from the various files/folders that
> exist under root?

No. Otherwise it would work.

Let's have a lengthy discussion, trying unsuccessfully to pry details about
your configuration from you, so we can figure out where your typo is, so you
can figure out that the configuration files are somehow connected to the
matter. Then you'll google up something, break your system somehow, and
summarize that you've fixed it. Sounds like a good thing to spend my time on.

Regards,
Holger