BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] External WD Worldbook Device

2009-04-07 11:44:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] External WD Worldbook Device
From: Michael Harnden <mike AT rochestervball DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 11:40:05 -0400
Quoting David Williams <dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com>:

> Just trying to follow up on this.
>

> So, the workbook drive that I have cannot create hard links L so this means
> I can no longer use this drive for doing backups, since the hardlink check
> will stop this.  Is the hardlink issue related to the drive itself, or is it
> related to the fact that it is formatted to NTFS format ?
>

> Is there a way to format this drive so that it can create hardlinks (ext3?)
> and can be used for backups again ?  It's a 1TB drive and I'd hate to have
> to buy another drive.

> David Williams

David,
Check out this website - http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/

It is dedicated to hacking the MyBook World Edition. Specifically,
this page http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/troubleshooting deals with
reformatting the data partition to ext3.

I use my World Book as a destination for my BackupPC setup. I connect
via NFS so there aren't problems with hardlinks.
Mike