BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Error installing BackupPC: - Bareword "compareLOGName" not allowed

2008-10-31 13:27:52
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Error installing BackupPC: - Bareword "compareLOGName" not allowed
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:25:20 -0400
OK - since my nfs doesn't seem to be working, I now tried installing
BackupPC directly on my NAS device (dns-323).

When I run config.pl, I get the following error message:

    Error loading BackupPC::Lib: Bareword "compareLOGName" not allowed
    while "strict subs" in use at lib/BackupPC/Lib.pm line 1466.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 20) line 2.

    BackupPC cannot load the package BackupPC::Lib, which is included in
    the
    BackupPC distribution.  This probably means you did not cd to the
    unpacked BackupPC distribution before running configure.pl, eg:

        cd BackupPC-3.1.0
        ./configure.pl

    Please try again.

I was able to fix this by changing the line near the end from:
        return sort(compareLOGName @files);
To:
        return sort(compareLOGName( @files));

I am using Perl 5.10.0