BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How do you set a command to mount nfs backup share?

2008-10-27 00:17:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How do you set a command to mount nfs backup share?
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 00:14:45 -0400
dan wrote at about 21:39:46 -0600 on Sunday, October 26, 2008:
 > why done you just have the nfs mounted all the time?
Well, I would prefer that but my network is 100% reliable so nfs
and/or the various machines sometimes go down. This tends to leave nfs
with a stale mount -- so it looks like it's mounted but it really
isn't accessible. I wrote a script that basically tests and if it's
not working it forcibly unmounts and remounts. I'm not sure that
autofs will do this.

Anyway, I just thought it would be nice if there were a hook that one
could use to check for ability to read/write to TopDir and if not then
execute something to mount it (or do whatever is necessary to make it
accessible).