BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How do you set a command to mount nfs backup share?

2008-10-26 23:40:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How do you set a command to mount nfs backup share?
From: dan <dandenson AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:39:46 -0600
why done you just have the nfs mounted all the time?

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 9:38 PM, dan <dandenson AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
?? why not autofs?  it will automatically mount a filesystem when access to the path is attempted.

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 6:45 PM, Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net> wrote:
Jeffrey writes:

> So, ideally, I am looking for a "hook" to run in advance of any web or
> backup operation that needs access to /var/lib/BackupPC.
>
> Does such a hook exist?
> If not where would be the best place in the code to hook into?

No, there isn't such a hook - BackupPC assumes the pool exists.
Almost every program and CGI request will access some data below
the pool.

You could try putting some code in the BackupPC::Lib initialization,
but you will have to think about what error recovery is appropriate.

Craig