BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] suffering from the backups have stopped syndrome

2008-10-06 02:03:50
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] suffering from the backups have stopped syndrome
From: Terri Kelley <neteng AT farm-market DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 00:51:56 -0500
On Oct 4, 2008, at 6:57 PM, Terri Kelley wrote:

On Oct 4, 2008, at 9:58 AM, Martin Leben wrote:

Terri Kelley wrote:
List,

I have had a backup running successfully running of a server for some
time. It uses automysqlbackup. Looking at the directory where that is
stored on the server to be backed up, that is still being executed by
BackupPC. However, the backup itself just stays running in the host
summary. Looking at the log file in backup, I see the following:

2008-10-01 20:00:03 full backup started for directory
/home/backuppc/test (baseline backup #54)
2008-10-02 11:11:55 Aborting backup up after signal INT
2008-10-02 11:11:56 Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive
failed)
2008-10-02 20:00:03 full backup started for directory
/home/backuppc/test (baseline backup #54)
2008-10-03 16:00:04 Aborting backup up after signal ALRM
2008-10-03 16:00:05 Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive
failed)
2008-10-03 20:00:03 full backup started for directory
/home/backuppc/test (baseline backup #54)

There have been no changes to this server so I don't understand why
it
would stop backing up. Anyone have a clue or pointers for things to
look
at?

Terri Kelley
Network Engineer

Hi,

On the backed up machine, are really you sure that someone hasn't
changed or
removed the private part of the key which backuppc uses when
connecting?

/Martin

Martin,

I just tried ssh from the backuppc server to the two servers being
backed up as the backup user. Both worked without password etc.

Terri

No one have any further ideas on this? For further info, all are current versions of Centos and on a gigabit ethernet network.

Terri