BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How to get a remote script to log output in the backup logs

2008-10-04 21:24:31
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How to get a remote script to log output in the backup logs
From: Mark Phillips <mark AT phillipsmarketing DOT biz>
To: BackupPC Users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 17:55:49 -0700
I am using backuppc to ssh to a remote host, and use rsync for the
backups. Before the backup, I have backuppc run a script on the remote
host to manipulate some database files. It appears that the script is
excuted, but I keep getting a message in the backuppc logs that the
script failed. I thought the output of scripts run by backuppc were
recorded in the backup logs.

This is what the log says:

Executing DumpPreShareCmd: '/usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l me remote.host sudo -u
root my_script';

Exec of '/usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l me remote.host -u root my_script'; failed

How can I get the output of the script recorded in the backuppc logs?

Thanks!