BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup through slow line?

2008-10-04 17:18:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup through slow line?
From: Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>
To: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 13:01:26 +0200
Waking up this thread :)

Ok, we discovered (and meanwhile I saw it on my systems) when doing
backuo with rsync the first full backup will take several days until
finished.

Once this is done, every following backup consumes much less bandwith,
so it succeeds within 24hours.

But what happens to a Windows machine backed up through this line with
smb? As there is no rsync involved may I assume every full backup needs
this amount of time?
And does the smb transfer option start at the last failed backup again
(just like rsync does)?

Thanks!