BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] backuppc fails after updating opensuse to 11.0

2008-09-07 13:11:24
Subject: [BackupPC-users] backuppc fails after updating opensuse to 11.0
From: rorschach999 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 13:11:17 -0400
yes I did:

here it is again:

Contents of file /hdc1/backuppc/pc/192.168.123.101/XferLOG.bad.z, modified
2008-08-30 18:48:44
Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\192.168.123.101\\data -U jo -E -N -d 1 -c
tarmode\ full -Tc -
Xfer PIDs are now 3995,3994
WARNING: The "printer admin" option is deprecated
Unknown parameter encountered: "character set"
Ignoring unknown parameter "character set"
Unknown parameter encountered: "mangle case"
Ignoring unknown parameter "mangle case"
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[JOJO] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.2.0rc1-22.1-1795-SUSE-SL11.0]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[JOJO] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.2.0rc1-22.1-1795-SUSE-SL11.0]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0
filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share data)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share data)

If I run the command
/usr/bin/smbclient \\\\192.168.123.101\\data -U jo -E -N -d 1 -c tarmode\ full
-Tc -
in a shell I get the same, but if I omit the -N option, then I am prompted with
my password. The password is in the "per PC" config.pl in my topdir and should
be handed over to smbclient automatically.

Therefore I asume it has something to do with the way smbclient is handling the
authentication, or with the accessability of the config.pl file, where the PW
is saved, meaning problems with permissions.

but as I mentioned before, it seems to be significant that I dont see my old
backups anymore in my backuppc browser frontend but I do see my per-pc config
files, so backuppc seems to know, where to look at.