BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] hanging on building file list

2008-09-03 09:29:15
Subject: [BackupPC-users] hanging on building file list
From: "Michael Cockrell" <mcockrell AT usnx DOT net>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 08:29:03 -0500

Hi all,

I have installed backuppc recently on about 15 servers. 12 are linux (different flavors) and 3 windows. The windows are using rsyncd whereas the linux ones are using rsync. Everything is working great on all but two servers. For some reason on two of the servers it never initiates a file transfer. It seems like it just hangs while building the file list and it will stay like that forever. I have yet to get a complete backup of these servers. I don’t know if this has anything to do with it but these are both web servers hosting php sites. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Michael