BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Why should I use root to connect to host

2008-07-29 10:09:45
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Why should I use root to connect to host
From: brunal <brunal2496 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:09:12 +0200
Hi,

One question that I dont understand : can I use another user than
root to connect to my host?

Indeed, the server i want to backup is the main server of my network,
and pretty well secured. That means, hence, that root cannot have
access to the server through ssh, only non-root user can.
Is this a problem? my config is in the hosts file :

192.168.1.2    0    backuppc        # <--- example static IP host entry

and in config.pl :

$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -v -x -l backuppc $host $rsyncPath -
v $argList+

And to my host side, a user backuppc exist and have access to all the
necessary folder and file. Should this configuration work?

Unitl now I still have other problem (see other post), but I would
like to check if I'm not doing something wrong.

thanks so much for your help,

Best regards,

Bruno.