BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] [BackupPC-devel] Ubuntu Upgrade from 3.0.0 to 3.1.0 problem

2008-07-25 03:12:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] [BackupPC-devel] Ubuntu Upgrade from 3.0.0 to 3.1.0 problem
From: Kurt Tunkko <kurt.tunko AT web DOT de>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 09:12:10 +0200
Jon Craig wrote:

> Ubuntu 7.04 (aka feisty fawn)
> backuppc v2 and v3.0 via apt (v3.0 is in backports)
> to install v3.1, first install v3.0 by "apt-get install backuppc"
> (from backports), then download the regular install script from
> http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/ and run it, it will update you to
> v3.1 quite nicely

from my research some time ago, I didn't find any information that
somebody has successfully installed BackupPC v.3.1 on Ubuntu.

 From the Ubuntu Docs
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BackupPC#Manual%20Upgrade

"Because of the lag in repository updates it has been suggested to do a
manual up date from the backupPC authors.

!!!!!Note: This manual upgrade dosn't work but i have left in just in
case someone can get it to work!!!!!"

I would suggest to try to use a virtual machine before you trying this
on your real server.

If you've successfully updated BackupPC to 3.1 on ubuntu I would really
appriciate if you write a short howto.

OR someone could build an ubuntu package?
I've already an eye on this launchpad entry, but as fas as I understand
there is still no package for 3.1:

Please merge backuppc 3.1.0-3 (main) from Debian unstable (main)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/backuppc/+bug/180352

- Kurt