BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] [BackupPC-devel] FUSE / BackupPC

2008-07-22 15:35:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] [BackupPC-devel] FUSE / BackupPC
From: "Paul Mantz" <pcmantz AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Stephen Day" <sd AT unixtastic DOT com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:35:36 -0500
Hello Steven,

FUSE is a very cool system and the idea is completely feasible.  MacFUSE also exists, which would allow OS X users to use the FUSE filesystem.  However, actually having a drive mounted on the machine may promote the use of the BackupPC pool as a storage unit in and of itself, which would be a mistake once older backups start getting deleted.

BackupPC's web interface can be configured so that users can only look at the backups of their particular computer. I'd suggest reading the CGI options in the /etc/BackupPC/config.pl script if you'd like to go that route.

Adios,