BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] unix bind error on ubuntu 8.04

2008-07-22 09:10:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] unix bind error on ubuntu 8.04
From: Joanne Cook <j.cook AT oxfordarch.co DOT uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:08:39 +0100 (BST)
Hi Adam,

I had done exactly what you said, but in the process of redoing it I figured
out what was going on. After installation it worked fine, until the point at
which I changed the log directory from a blank entry to /var/log/backuppc.
Other config changes didn't stop it working- but that one did. When I changed
it back to a blank it worked again. Oddly it would write logs into the new
directory perfectly well even when it was failing to start. I don't really
understand why it failed, but I can certainly live with the default logging
directory!

Many thanks for your help

Jo

Joanne Cook