BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] passwd not set for smbclient

2008-07-19 01:04:04
Subject: [BackupPC-users] passwd not set for smbclient
From: "Tom Cunningham" <TomCunningham AT austin.rr DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 00:05:52 -0500

When I try to perform my first full backup of a Windows XP host from a Ubuntu machine, the backup aborts with the error “passwd not set for smbclient”.  I have the SmbSharePasswd set in both the master and per-PC conf.pl files.  I also set BPC_SMB_PASSWD in /etc/init.d/backuppc and export it.  So I’m not sure what I need to do next to work around this problem.  Ironically, I can issue the SmbClientFullCmd in a shell window (with all of the variables filled in appropriately) and I don’t even need the passwd, smbclient starts backing up right away.  Thanks for any light you can shed on this issue.

Tom Cunningham