BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] nmblookup confusion

2008-07-19 18:09:48
Subject: [BackupPC-users] nmblookup confusion
From: TomCunningham <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:56:26 -0400
This one may also be cockpit error, but I'm not seeing it at this point.
[Embarassed]  Here is what the XferLOG says:

Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\inspiron\\Inspiron\\Documents\ and\
Settings\\Tom -E -N -d 1 -c tarmode\ full -Tc -
full backup started for share Inspiron\Documents and Settings\Tom
Xfer PIDs are now 8645,8644
timeout connecting to 24.28.193.9:445
timeout connecting to 24.28.193.9:139
Error connecting to 24.28.193.9 (Operation already in progress)
Connection to inspiron failed (Error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)
timeout connecting to 24.28.193.9:445
timeout connecting to 24.28.193.9:139
Error connecting to 24.28.193.9 (Operation already in progress)
Connection to inspiron failed (Error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0
filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share Inspiron\Documents and
Settings\Tom)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share Inspiron\Documents and Settings\Tom)

What's weird about this is that AFAIK the 24.28.193.9 is bogus because that's
what I get if I try nmblookup -A with the host name and not the IP:

root@Presario-700:/usr/bin# nmblookup -A Inspiron
Looking up status of 24.28.193.9
No reply from 24.28.193.9

But running nmblookup in the normal way looks fine:

root@Presario-700:/usr/bin# nmblookup Inspiron
querying Inspiron on 192.168.2.255
192.168.2.3 Inspiron<00>
root@Presario-700:/usr/bin# nmblookup -A 192.168.2.3
Looking up status of 192.168.2.3
        INSPIRON        <00> -         M <ACTIVE>
        INSPIRON        <20> -         M <ACTIVE>
        MSHOME          <00> - <GROUP> M <ACTIVE> So
        MSHOME          <1e> - <GROUP> M <ACTIVE>

        MAC Address = 00-13-02-09-BA-25

So I don't know if backuppc is invoking nmblookup with -A and the host name, or
something else is going on.

Tom Cunningham