BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Deleting files from a backup

2008-07-18 17:04:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Deleting files from a backup
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 23:04:17 +0200
On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 04:59:37PM -0400, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> I forgot to exclude a directory from my backup and now I have an extra
> 115GB of files backed up that I don't need.  Is it safe to go into the
> pc directory for the backup and delete the files manually?

Yes. If you don't care about the statistics (displayed in web
interface), that's all you have to do.  The next time BackupPC_nightly
comes across the file in the pool, it will get deleted too and the
space get's freed on the server.

There was some command to update the statistics, too, but I can't
remember it right now.

HTH,

Tino.

www.craniosacralzentrum.de