BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted

2008-07-13 13:58:02
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted
From: Les Mikesell <les AT futuresource DOT com>
To: Andrey Shmigelsky <andrey.offline AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:57:49 -0500
Andrey Shmigelsky wrote:
> Im trying to backup a windows machine and in the end it gives me this
> message:
>
> Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\192.168.4.37\\InetPub -U administrator
> -E -N -d 1 -c tarmode\ full -Tc -
> full backup started for share InetPub
> Xfer PIDs are now 4645,4644
> [ skipped 2010 lines ]
> tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 1848 filesExist, 12105393 sizeExist,
> 4205609 sizeExistComp, 1849 filesTotal, 537646769 sizeTotal
> Backup aborted ()
> Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the
> prior one (got 1849 and 1849 files versus 1850)
>

> It is actually an failed backup or its normal?

It failed, but I think that message means that your previous run also
failed but was kept as a partial.  With the rsync/rsyncd methods,
subsequent runs can keep the existing partial and add more files, but
smb and tar have to start over from scratch and since this run did not
get as many files as the earlier failed/partial it was discarded. You
might want to look at the error log for the run to see if you can tell
why it is not completing.