BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted

2008-07-20 18:47:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup aborted
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Andrey Shmigelsky <andrey.offline AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 15:47:32 -0700
Andrey writes:

> I have none successfully backups. This all logs that i have. How can i delete
> all old backups and start over again?

That shouldn't be necessary.

> Im trying to backup a windows machine and in the end it gives me this
> message:
>
> Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\192.168.4.37<http://192.168.4.37>\\InetPub -U
> administrator
> -E -N -d 1 -c tarmode\ full -Tc -
> full backup started for share InetPub
> Xfer PIDs are now 4645,4644
> [ skipped 2010 lines ]
> tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 1848 filesExist, 12105393 sizeExist,
> 4205609 sizeExistComp, 1849 filesTotal, 537646769 sizeTotal
> Backup aborted ()

I'd like to understand why BackupPC thinks the backup failed - there
don't appear to be any errors.  I've seen this reported a couple of
times.

First I'd like to know the version of smbclient you are using.
Second, would you mind inserting a few debug messages (that I
will send you) and re-run?

We can take this off list.

Craig