BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Recommended transfer method for remote backups of win machines

2008-07-09 14:27:02
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Recommended transfer method for remote backups of win machines
From: dnk <d.k.emaillists AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 11:26:50 -0700
Hi there,

I am pretty much BRAND new to backuppc (in fact I have not even
installed yet). I am currently reading the docs, wiki and so on.

What I plan to do is have a system running backupPC in a remote data
center. Now for my linux clients/servers, it is a no brainer to use
rsync over SSH, but I was curious what the recommended method would be
to backup (securely) our windows desktops (in the office) to the
remote backuppc server (in the data center)?

Is this even a valid configuration to do?

Thanks in advance

Dustin