BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] strange failure with garbage characters dumped to screen (rsync)

2008-07-01 13:25:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] strange failure with garbage characters dumped to screen (rsync)
From: david AT kosmosisland DOT com
To: "backuppc-users" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:15:07 -0700 (PDT)
Of sixteen backup clients, one has suddenly quit working.  In effort to
troubleshoot the problem, I executed the command:

/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump -v -f prizm2

There is a prizm1 server that is identical for all practical purposes as
far as I can tell and it backs up without a problem.  However, when
executing the above command, it appears as though the filelist is dumped
to the screen, with garbage characters mixed in.  The client machines are
both RedHat WS4 update 6 and up2date is current on both machiens.  The
server is Debian Etch, backuppc 2.1.2-6.  The config files for both
machines exist and are identical except for the file exclusion list:

# diff prizm1.pl prizm2.pl
3c3
< $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = [ "dev", "media", "mnt", "proc", "sys",
"tmp", "/var/lib/mysql/mysql-bin.*",
"/var/lib/mysql/prizm1-31b-relay-bin.*" ];
---
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = [ "dev", "media", "mnt", "proc", "sys",
"tmp", "/var/lib/mysql/mysql-bin.*",
"/var/lib/mysql/prizm2-31b-relay-bin.*" ];

Please advise.

Thank You,
David Koski
david AT kosmosisland DOT com\