BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Help with backup QNX clients

2008-05-09 12:56:48
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Help with backup QNX clients
From: "Carl Nygard" <cjnygard AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 11:17:48 -0400
Trying to backup a QNX v6 system, which is running a locally compiled
version of rsync 3.0.2.  I can't figure out what's wrong, since the
BackupPC configuration between the QNX and other working Linux clients
is minimal (specifying the path to the local rsync).

Running the same ssh command on the local system seems to work,
although I'm not sure how this is used.  As a side note, I haven't
been able to figure out what some of the parameters to the remote
rsync command do, the man pages are a bit lacking?

I have tested the ssh dsa keypairs, that works.  Proof:
[root@wcsdev ~]# ssh -i /home/backuppc/.ssh/backup -l root
tkremserqnx6 /usr/local/bin/rsync --version
rsync  version 3.0.2  protocol version 30
Copyright (C) 1996-2008 by Andrew Tridgell, Wayne Davison, and others.
Web site: http://rsync.samba.org/
Capabilities:
    64-bit files, 64-bit inums, 32-bit timestamps, 64-bit long ints,
    socketpairs, hardlinks, symlinks, IPv6, batchfiles, inplace,
    append, no ACLs, no xattrs, no iconv, no symtimes

rsync comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you
are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  See the GNU
General Public Licence for details.

Any help would be appreciated...  I particularly don't understand why
gnome-ssh-askpass is being invoked... especially since this all seems
to work for other linux client machines.

Here's the output from the xferlog:

Contents of file /mirror/backuppc/pc/tkremserqnx6/XferLOG.bad.z,
modified 2008-05-09 11:02:51

full backup started for directory /home
Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -i /home/backuppc/.ssh/backup -l root
tkremserqnx6 /usr/local/bin/rsync --server --sender --numeric-ids
--perms --owner --group -D --links --hard-links --times
--block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . /home/
Xfer PIDs are now 2318
Got remote protocol 1852254218
Fatal error (bad version):
(gnome-ssh-askpass:2320): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Sent exclude: /tmp
Sent exclude: /mirror
Read EOF: Connection reset by peer
Tried again: got 0 bytes
fileListReceive() failed
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)
Backup aborted (fileListReceive failed)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the
prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)