Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda, separable but related problems, cross architecture.

2009-07-03 14:56:41
Subject: Re: Amanda, separable but related problems, cross architecture.
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:40:44 -0400
On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 11:49:47AM -0400, Brian Cuttler wrote:

> I attempted the following in the disklist
>
> trel   /Users       comp-user-tar
> #trel   /trel        user-tar
> trel   /trelAM /trel   {
>         comp-user-tar
>         exclude "[N-Z]*"
>         }
>
> trel   /trelNZ /trel   {
>         comp-user-tar
>         exclude "[A-M]*"
>         }
>
> Which naturally, since there where 'new' DLEs attempted level 0 dumps
> on both.
>
> However the combined for the two new DLEs was not the expected 250G but
> only about 50 Gig.

Aren't include/exclude expressions supposed to be "relative to starting
directory"?  I.e. ./[N-Z]*.

Personal style comments, I tend to leave "/" out of DLE tags to
show they are not paths.  Also the name is "/trelAM" suggesting it
includes only the A-M dirs.  But that doesn't match the pattern.
The pattern is everything except the N-Z dirs.  There could be
some dirs in both, eg. /trel/foodir.  I typically use includes
rather than excludes and have an extra "catch the rest" DLE
that does an exclude.  So they would be include ./[A-M]*,
include ./[N-Z]*, and finally exclude ./[A-Z]*.

 JG Computing
 12027 Creekbend Drive          (703) 787-0884
 Reston, VA  20194              (703) 787-0922 (fax)