Amanda-Users

amrecover fails

2008-10-21 16:55:41
Subject: amrecover fails
From: "Timothy Ball" <timball AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:49:34 -0400
I'm going thru:
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Test_environment_with_virtual_tapes

and have gotten to the point where I have to do a restore and when I
run "amrecover test" as root on the client machine I get the following
error:
# amrecover test
AMRECOVER Version 2.6.0p2. Contacting server on SERVER-BOX ...
NAK: user root from CLIENT-BOX is not allowed to execute the service
amindexd: Please add the line "CLIENT-BOX root amindexd amidxtaped" to
/var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts on the client

on my server I have an .amandahosts file that looks like this:

amandabackup@SERVER:~$ cat .amandahosts
localhost   root amindexd amidxtaped
localhost amandabackup amdump
localhost.localdomain   root amindexd amidxtaped
localhost.localdomain amandabackup amdump
CLIENT-BOX    root
CLIENT-BOX root amindexd amidxtaped

so I feel like I have the right thing there. Can anyone please point
out what I might have wrong?

--timball

--
        GPG key available on pgpkeys.mit.edu
pub  1024D/511FBD54 2001-07-23 Timothy Lu Hu Ball <timball AT tux DOT org>