Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover fails

2008-10-22 03:24:53
Subject: Re: amrecover fails
From: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:15:28 +0200
Timothy Ball schrieb:
Please add the line "CLIENT-BOX root amindexd amidxtaped" to
/var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts on the client

on my server I have an .amandahosts file that looks like this:

amandabackup@SERVER:~$ cat .amandahosts
localhost   root amindexd amidxtaped
localhost amandabackup amdump
localhost.localdomain   root amindexd amidxtaped
localhost.localdomain amandabackup amdump
CLIENT-BOX    root
CLIENT-BOX root amindexd amidxtaped

Did you really add "CLIENT-BOX" to .amandahosts? Or is this the name of your client you want to backup? This has to be the hostname of the client (with FQDN if the server has a different search-domain) you want to access amanda services on the server from.

Also the line
> CLIENT-BOX    root
should be removed. There are no services defined in the third column.

> localhost   root amindexd amidxtaped
> localhost amandabackup amdump
> localhost.localdomain   root amindexd amidxtaped
> localhost.localdomain amandabackup amdump

Also, you don't need extra lines for "localhost" and "localhost.localdomain". It's the same. The following is enough for backup and restore from/on the server:

localhost   root         amindexd amidxtaped
localhost   amandabackup amdump

Regards
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung IT)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost