Amanda-Users

force just a differential run.

2008-10-13 15:58:12
Subject: force just a differential run.
From: "McGraw, Robert P" <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:52:49 -0400
One time a month I would like to have my daily backup not do any full dumps
but only incronly. My goal is to do the least amount of dump to tape in the
shortest amount of time yet get all files that have changed since the last
backup from the day before.

Will the following amdump command do this for my?

        amdump daily -o strategy=incronly

Thanks

Robert

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System                 EMAIL: rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu
Purdue University                         ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067