Amanda-Users

no Index on client

2008-10-13 13:13:14
Subject: no Index on client
From: Prashant Ramhit <prashant AT bluebarracuda DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>, amanda-users-request AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:57:11 +0100
Hi All,

I have added a slackware host to a backup schedule and there is no index for the host.

Amrecover shows the following for host webtwo and test directory is /usr/local/amanda

   200 Disk set to /usr/local/amanda/.
   No index records for disk for specified date
   If date correct, notify system administrator
   amrecover> quit

It was compiled from source for amanda 2-5-2

   ./configure --without-server --with-group=disk --with-user=amanda
   --prefix=/usr/local/amanda

amanda-client.config

   conf "fullback"         # your config name
   index_server "backupserver"     # your amindexd server
   tape_server  "backupserver"     # your amidxtaped server
   tapedev      "/dev/null"        # your tape device
   auth "bsd"

Amcheck show no error

Amdump show the following

amadmin show the following

   amanda@backupserver:~$ amadmin fullback find webtwo /usr/local/amanda

   No dump to list

Can anyone please help what is missing to and how I can troubleshoot that error.

Many thanks
Prashant