Amanda-Users

Re: Invalid Service?

2008-04-28 07:36:31
Subject: Re: Invalid Service?
From: Tony van der Hoff <tony AT vanderhoff DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:31:43 +0100
On 27 Apr at 12:17 Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com> wrote in
message <481460D0.8090402 AT zmanda DOT com>

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Quick_start#Configuring_xinetd_on_the_server

> > > Stefan
>>>

> > Thanks for taking an interest, Stefan; that's what I thought, too. I
> > wish it were that simple. Maybe I'm missing something, but what is wrong
> > with this (3 seperate files, each with the same name as the service):
>>
> > # default: on # description: The amanda service service amanda { disable
> > = no socket_type    = dgram protocol        = udp wait              = yes
> > user              = backup
> > group               = backup groups         = yes server            =
> > /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
>>
> add:  server_args             = -auth=bsd amdump amindexd amidxtaped
> > }

Um, unfortunately the bit where I said the amanda service was running fine
(I can create perfect backups) got snipped at some stage. It is the amindexd
sevice that's failing to start.

Anyway, I tried that, without success, I'm afraid. Thanks for the
suggestion, though.

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony AT vanderhoff DOT org
Buckinghamshire, England