Amanda-Users

Re: Invalid Service?

2008-04-25 09:17:33
Subject: Re: Invalid Service?
From: Tony van der Hoff <tony AT vanderhoff DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:13:05 +0100
On 25 Apr at 14:02 "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org> wrote in
message
<4811D67E.8050502 AT amanda DOT org>

> Tony van der Hoff schrieb:
> > Thanks for taking an interest, Stefan; that's what I thought, too. I
> > wish it were that simple. Maybe I'm missing something, but what is wrong
> > with this (3 seperate files, each with the same name as the service):
>
> > #default: on # description: The amanda index service service amandaidx {
> > disable             = no socket_type        = stream protocol       = tcp
> > wait              = no user               =
> > backup group                = backup groups         = yes server
> > = /usr/lib/amanda/amindexd
> > }
> >
> > Oh, and all those paths are valid.
>
> And (x)inetd was restarted?

yes (frequently).

> Show "ls -l /usr/lib/amanda/amindexd", is it executable, who is the owner?

tony@tony-lx:~$ ls -l /usr/lib/amanda/amindexd
-rwxr-xr-x 1 backup backup 43428 2008-02-04 14:57 /usr/lib/amanda/amindexd

I'm away for the weekend now; catch up on Mnday.

Cheers, Tony.

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony AT vanderhoff DOT org
Buckinghamshire, England