Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda configuration

2008-04-08 07:34:28
Subject: Re: Amanda configuration
From: Tony van der Hoff <tony AT vanderhoff DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:47:14 +0100
On 8 Apr at 11:06 Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
wrote in message <47FB43AA.6050307 AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>

> Tony van der Hoff schrieb:
> > Amanda 2.5.1p1
> >
> > tony-lx:~# amrecover HomeDumps -s tony-lx AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1p1.
> > Contacting server on tony-lx ... NAK: amindexd: invalid service
>
> Have a look at the different (x)inetd configuration that came up in 2.5.1:

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Configuring_bsd/bsdudp/bsdtcp_authentication#inetd.conf_example

Hmm, thanks very much, Marc, but that's a bit cryptic.

I added "amandad -auth=bsd amdump amindexd amidxtaped" to my the amanda
entry in inet.conf, but it made no difference to the problem. As I said,
amdump is working correctly.

I would anticipate a problem with the name mismatch: "amindexd" as opposed
to "amandaidx" doesn't seem to tie up...

Thanks anyway, Tony

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony AT vanderhoff DOT org
Buckinghamshire, England