Amanda-Users

Amanda configuration

2008-04-08 05:53:37
Subject: Amanda configuration
From: Tony van der Hoff <tony AT vanderhoff DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:04:03 +0100
Amanda 2.5.1p1

I'm trying to recover a file from backup for the first time since I
installed Debian Etch. Evidently something is misconfigured, but I don't
understand the workings sufficiently to figure it out::

tony-lx:~# amrecover HomeDumps -s tony-lx
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1p1. Contacting server on tony-lx ...
NAK: amindexd: invalid service

My inetd.conf contains the lines:
amanda dgram udp wait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
amandaidx stream tcp nowait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/amanda/amindexd
amidxtape stream tcp nowait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/amanda/amidxtaped

from /etc/services:
amanda          10080/tcp                       # amanda backup services
amanda          10080/udp
amandaidx       10082/tcp
amidxtape       10083/tcp

My backups seem to be working fine.
Has anyone any advice, please?

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony AT vanderhoff DOT org
Buckinghamshire, England