Amanda-Users

Re: amreport cannot send mail

2008-04-04 16:01:06
Subject: Re: amreport cannot send mail
From: Rodrigo Ventura <yoda AT isr.ist.utl DOT pt>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 20:56:01 +0100

I've solved the problem, and I'd like to answer myself in case someone in the future comes across the same problem. The solution was to add the LANG=en_US env variable in the crontab before running amdump. Although LANG=en_US in the user shell, it is not so in the crontab environment. This fact made the problem a not trivial one. What I did was to use:

0 0 * * *      env LANG=en_US /usr/local/amanda/sbin/amdump ISR1

in the crontab.

Cheers,