Amanda-Users

Re: encrypting data on amanda

2007-08-02 16:07:20
Subject: Re: encrypting data on amanda
From: Charlie Reitsma <reitsma AT denison DOT edu>
To: Norman Coder <Norman_Coder AT or.mxim DOT com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 15:53:45 -0400
try a newer version. look at http://amanda.zmanda.com/quick-backup-setup.html

Quoting Norman Coder <Norman_Coder AT or.mxim DOT com>:

I have been asked to encrypt the data I backup using Amanda. We are storing our tapes off site. According to chapter 16 of the official Amanda manual (http://www.amanda.org/docs/howto-gpg.html) encryption does not seem to be ready for production systems.

     Note

THIS IS *NOT* YET INTENDED FOR PRODUCTION SERVERS !!!

Anybody have experience encrypting data using Amanda? I am using version 2.4.4p2.

Also I don't seem to have amcrypt installed. How would I go about installing this piece of amanda? Is it included in later versions? I couldn't seem to find anything useful when I tried google.

Norman

Charlie Reitsma
x6642