Amanda-Users

encrypting data on amanda

2007-08-02 15:44:58
Subject: encrypting data on amanda
From: Norman Coder <Norman_Coder AT or.mxim DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:18:49 -0700
I have been asked to encrypt the data I backup using Amanda. We are storing our tapes off site. According to chapter 16 of the official Amanda manual (http://www.amanda.org/docs/howto-gpg.html) encryption does not seem to be ready for production systems.

Note

THIS IS *NOT* YET INTENDED FOR PRODUCTION SERVERS !!!

Anybody have experience encrypting data using Amanda? I am using version 2.4.4p2.

Also I don't seem to have amcrypt installed. How would I go about installing this piece of amanda? Is it included in later versions? I couldn't seem to find anything useful when I tried google.

Norman