Amanda-Users

Re: Client backup fails with Timeout error

2007-08-02 10:08:55
Subject: Re: Client backup fails with Timeout error
From: Vytas Janusauskas <vytas AT dendron DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 09:48:20 -0400
Hi All,

Up to about a week ago all my clients (Linux) have been archiving properly. For the past 5 runs of Amanda one client is not backing up. Below are the error message I am getting. Searching the list archives did not point me to anything that may be related to my environment. Amanda server and clients are running Debian packages. On the server I am running Amanda-2.5.1p3 and on all clients Amanda-2.5.1p1. I have re-booted the server and the client between runs with no success. As far as I can tell no changes were made to the troublesome client which may account for the failures. All computer are inside the firewall. Any ideas of what may be going wrong?
Amstatus Message
hal2:/mnt/hdb1/Can_Fin_photos 1 driver: (aborted:"[request failed: timeout waiting for REP]")(too many dumper retry)

Amanda Report
hal2 /mnt/hdb1/Can_Fin_photos lev 1 FAILED [cannot read header: got 0 instead of 32768]

Thanks,

Vytas

--

Vytas Janusauskas