Amanda-Users

Re: bugs: amanda server's ip have to add in client host file?

2007-08-02 08:19:17
Subject: Re: bugs: amanda server's ip have to add in client host file?
From: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 14:08:11 +0200
zuki schrieb:
>>> I found that for every clients I have, I need to map amanda server's
>>> ip in /etc/hosts file. Otherwise it will return the error like this:
>>> WARNING: mydomain.com: selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting for ACK
>>
>> You can resolve this over DNS, too.

But I can resolve the amanda server from client by doing nslookup and vice versa. How come amanda server cannot resolve the clients?

Hmm. Thats interesting. My clients all get the backupserver name out of DNS. And I never had this behavier until now (currently using 2.5.2p1 on my server).

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost