Amanda-Users

Re: Client backup fails with Timeout error

2007-08-03 14:28:43
Subject: Re: Client backup fails with Timeout error
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Vytas Janusauskas <vytas AT dendron DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 13:01:38 -0500
On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 01:18:52PM -0400, Vytas Janusauskas wrote:
> Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
> >Could you post the debug logs?
>
> Hi Dustin,
> Attached are the log files.  If there is anything else required please let me
> know.

Just FYI, those are the Amanda log files, not the debug logs.  Anyway,
around like 230005, I see:
 driver: result time 9260.882 from dumper0: FAILED 00-00218 "[data timeout]"

I'm not sure what in your configuration would cause this, but you have a
fairly large list of DLEs, even on that machine.  It looks like your
dumpers are constrained by bandwidth, which is good.  Is 'hal2' a busy
machine that may take a long time to begin a dump?

You may want to increase 'dtimeout' to some much larger value; its
default is a half-hour.

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell