Amanda-Users

Multiple Tape Devices ?

2007-07-25 13:43:02
Subject: Multiple Tape Devices ?
From: Ralf Auer <Ralf.Auer AT physik.uni-erlangen DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:15:55 +0200
Hi everybody,

        I'm trying to use two physical tape drives (HP Ultrium 960) with
Amanda. According to the manual, I could use a tape changer (e.g.
chg-multi) to get the job done, but that would write only to one disk at
a time, right?

I do not want to split my backup in two different configurations, so
maybe you know a way how to use both tapes simultaneously in one
configuration? I am pretty sure, it can be done, because otherways the
'runtapes' option in amanda.conf would not make much sense, I think...

Unfortunately I did not find anything helpful about that issue in the
manual or the mailing list.

At the moment I am using Amanda 2.4.5 on Ubuntu 5.10 & FC3 but I would
not mind to upgrade if a newer Amanda version is needed for this feature.

Thanks in advance,
        Ralf

--

Ralf Auer
Physics Institute IV                    Office: 2.137