Amanda-Users

Re: Multiple Tape Devices ?

2007-07-25 15:05:07
Subject: Re: Multiple Tape Devices ?
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Ralf Auer <Ralf.Auer AT physik.uni-erlangen DOT de>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:18:24 -0500
On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 07:15:55PM +0200, Ralf Auer wrote:
> I do not want to split my backup in two different configurations, so
> maybe you know a way how to use both tapes simultaneously in one
> configuration? I am pretty sure, it can be done, because otherways the
> 'runtapes' option in amanda.conf would not make much sense, I think...

Everything except "simultaneously" -- at present, a single Amanda config
can only drive one tape drive at a time.  Since your tape drives are the
same size, chg-multi is an option.  With different-sized tapedrives,
even that doesn't work (since you can only specify a single tapetype).

These are all limits we'd like to remove, but they're all also very
difficult to remove.

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell