Amanda-Users

Re: Use of RegEx in exclude

2007-01-29 11:46:36
Subject: Re: Use of RegEx in exclude
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:31:11 -0500
On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 01:50:34PM +0100, Lars Monsees wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I�m quite new to amanda so I have left something out don�t slap me =)
> (I know from the documentation that it is possible to use ?* wildcards.)
>

> We have a server with several customer domains located at our ISP who
> controls the backup. Therefore, it is only possible for us to define an
> exclude list.
>
> Each domain has a standard set of directories that I don�t want to be
> included in the backup. The directory structure looks like:
>
> - domain123.de
>      - anon_ftp
>      - etc
>      - bla
>      - httpdocs
> - anotherdomain.com
>      (same structure as above)
>

> At the moment, we have the root of all domains in our backup to save the
> httpdocs dir for each domain (also for new domains without adopting anything).
> Now, I want to exclude the anon_ftp, etc and bla dir from the backup and
> tried to use a RegEx:

Do I understand correctly that you just one to save the httpdocs directories,
excluding everything else?  If that is correct then for each domain as
a DLE you could have simply an "include ./httpdocs" directive.  That
would exclude everything except the included stuff.

If you want a single DLE it could have several includes eg.

  include file ./domain123.de/httpdocs append
  include file ./anotherdomain.com/httpdocs append
  include file ./domainxyz.de/httpdocs append

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)