Amanda-Users

RE: Upgrade failure?

2006-12-14 12:12:02
Subject: RE: Upgrade failure?
From: "Gardiner Leverett" <leverett AT mobiusmicro DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 12:00:08 -0500
I wanted to give an update on this problem I have with 2.5.1p2.

To try to help fix the problems with 2.5.1, I went back
to version 2.5.0b1, updated dump on the client machine
(which included some other rpms), and I was able to get
a full dump from the client with no problem.  (That's
with client and server at the same version).

I then moved both client and server to 2.5.1p2, and when
running amdump again, it failed after only getting 390m from
the client.  (It's about 90G of data).

So, I'm back to where I was before: 2.5.1p2 doesn't
work correctly, and 2.5.0b1 times out when doing gtar
from certain directories from a different client.

I'm going to stick with 2.5.0b1 and just exclude the
other client for now.