Amanda-Users

ACK timeout on multi-homed clients Re: ACK timeout issue I wrote about

2006-12-05 16:03:25
Subject: ACK timeout on multi-homed clients Re: ACK timeout issue I wrote about
From: "sp0_0ky" <sp0_0ky AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 20:53:25 -0000
I have the same problem with clients which have more than one network
interface. Amanda will not work unless I force the server to connect
to the clients' primary IP by modifying /etc/hosts and
/etc/nsswitch.conf to "files dns".

This happened ever since we upgraded to 2.5.1p2.  Switching back
to 2.4.4p2 sever works fine.  Something's broke.

-JB

--- In amanda-users AT yahoogroups DOT com, Lawrence Weeks <dev@...> wrote:

Hi,

Somebody responded to my prior message and prompted me to think
about networking. The client machine has multiple IP addresses
(Linux RHEL4), and the Amanda server hits an older address that is
now on a virtual interface. This client machine works fine with a
2.4.4p1 server. With the 2.5.1p1 server, ACK timeouts. However, when
I switched the 2.5.1p1 server to query the client machine's primary
interface hostname/IP address, no more timeouts. This behavior is
different from the 2.4.4p1 server.

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks                                    lweeks@...