Amanda-Users

RE: A question about RAIT with mixed vtapes, and physical tapes

2006-03-29 09:01:12
Subject: RE: A question about RAIT with mixed vtapes, and physical tapes
From: "Anthony Worrall" <anthony.worrall AT reading.ac DOT uk>
To: "stan" <stanb AT panix DOT com>, "amanda users list" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:57:18 +0100
Hi

We have just done exactly this. I setup the rait as a chg-multi with 5
slots
I then ran a little script to copy the tape label before running amdump
I also setup two other configs one for just using the tape which is used
by amcheck and on which just uses the vtapes so we can recover files
without having to mount the tapes.
I later increase the number of vtapes to 10 so we could run amflush
without  overwriting the last nights tape by using amodified version of
the script below

I hope this helps

Please feel free to contact me if you need more details

#!/bin/sh

VTAPE=file:/var/amanda/vtapes/sir-1/vtape$1
DEV=/dev/rmt/0

AMMT=/usr/local/amanda/sbin/ammt
AMDD=/usr/local/amanda/sbin/amdd
AMDUMP=/usr/local/amanda/sbin/amdump
AMTAPE=/usr/local/amanda/sbin/amtape

$AMMT -t $VTAPE rewind
$AMMT -t $DEV rewind
$AMDD if=$DEV of=$VTAPE bs=32k count=1 2>&1 > /dev/null

$AMTAPE sir-1 slot $1
$AMDUMP sir-1

$AMMT -t $DEV offline