Amanda-Users

Re: Dumps way tooooo big

2005-11-29 13:45:55
Subject: Re: Dumps way tooooo big
From: Glenn English <ghe AT slsware DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:36:46 -0700
On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 13:18 -0500, todd zenker wrote:

> What I need to know is what are some of the parameters in the
> amanda.conf file do I need to change to get this thang working.
> I have allowed compression on the server side.
>
> [dumps way too big, 95 KB, must skip incremental dumps]
> [dumps way too big, 621 KB, must skip incremental dumps]
>
> What I have started to do is backup each file system one at a
> time.  At least I can get a full then the incremental's going.

I did it by dividing the data to be backed up into pieces -- on the host
and in the disklist (many DLEs, but none > ~20GB). Amanda whines about
'too big' at first, but backs up what it can get on the tape. After a
few backups, level 0s of all the pieces have been done, and the planner
does incrementals with no problems.

--
Glenn English
ghe AT slsware DOT com