Amanda-Users

Dumps way tooooo big

2005-11-29 13:35:36
Subject: Dumps way tooooo big
From: todd zenker <todd.e.zenker.1 AT gsfc.nasa DOT gov>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:18:37 -0500
Folks,

I have exhausted all means in trying to resolve this.  I need you're help.
My diskpool is 200 GB and my tape is 160 GB.

What I need to know is what are some of the parameters in the amanda.conf file do I need to change to get this thang working.
I have allowed compression on the server side.

[dumps way too big, 95 KB, must skip incremental dumps]
[dumps way too big, 621 KB, must skip incremental dumps]

What I have started to do is backup each file system one at a time. At least I can get a full then the incremental's going.

Thanks.  It's driving me crazy.

Todd Zenker