Amanda-Users

Which ports to open in which direction...

2005-11-29 04:14:45
Subject: Which ports to open in which direction...
From: David Leangen <amanda AT leangen DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:54:19 +0900
Hello!

I'm having some trouble getting data from a remote host. Amanda works
fine on the local network, just not remotely.

I believe that the problem is due to my firewall, so I'm hoping that
somebody can explain which ports need to be opened in which direction
(unless there is doc somewhere that I missed).

Relevant ports are:

  10080/udp
  10082/tcp
  10083/tcp
  50000:50100/tcp
  700:710/udp

I have 3 machines:
  - firewall
  - tapehost
  - remote

Is this assumption correct?

tapehost(10080) --> firewall --> remote
remote(50000:50100,700:710) --> firewall --> tapehost

Is that all I need? Or am I missing something?

The reason I need to know is because I also have local hosts, so I need to use
NAT to get this right...

Thanks for the tip!
Dave