Amanda-Users

Re: Is automatic wakeonlan possible?

2005-11-15 13:59:15
Subject: Re: Is automatic wakeonlan possible?
From: Kevin Dalley <kevin AT kelphead DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:41:17 -0800
Thanks for the suggestion.

A wrapper (or part of the cron job) only handles part of the problem.

If the machine has a timeout, say 1 hour, then either solution will
allow the estimate to be performed, but the backup itself may fail if
it is more than 1 hour between the estimate and the backup.

--
Kevin Dalley
kevin AT kelphead DOT org