Amanda-Users

Re: R: R: Release of amanda-2.5.0b1

2005-10-28 10:04:55
Subject: Re: R: R: Release of amanda-2.5.0b1
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:59:08 -0400
On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 12:23:16PM +0200, Montagni, Giovanni wrote:
> What's the best way to set up tape changer manual with two tapes?
>
> Just set runtapes 2, tape changer chg-manual ?

I don't know about chg-manual, but tape changer scripts often
require some configuration settings for your environment.
Generally these are documented in the script's comments,
just like amanda.conf is "self-documenting" :)

> And for label tapes? I must label all tapes before set those options?

Tapes must be labeled once, before use.  Whether that is before changing
various options or not is up to your timetable.

> I also think i have to update tapecycle...

Basically yes, but you can always cycle more tapes than the value
of tapecycle.  Tapecycle is a lower limit for too-early overwrite
protection of your data.  It is not an upper limit.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)