Amanda-Users

Re: problems with label of tape in last slot

2005-10-28 04:49:27
Subject: Re: problems with label of tape in last slot
From: Stefan Herrmann <magic99de AT web DOT de>
To: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:44:16 +0200

Am 27.10.2005 um 11:58 schrieb Gene Heskett:
I have no clue what the difference is that would stop yours from working.
Have you posted the revelent lines for dumpcycle, tapecycle and
runspercycle from your amanda.conf?, I don't recall seeing them go by in
this thread.

dumpcycle 1 weeks
runspercycle 7
tapecycle 8 tapes

I also recall that when I was using chg-scsi, that utility used a base
zero numbering system, so there was a slot 0 where chg-disk is using a
base 1 numbering system.  Maybe some leftovers laying around?

no, its a clean new installation, slot numbers go from 1 to 8..

Humm, have you customized the labelstr in your amanda.conf?  Thats the
only other restriction that comes to mind, but I don't believe it would
give this particular error if that was the case.

labelstr "^daily[0-9]*$"

and last label is daily8

bye
Stefan Herrmann