Amanda-Users

Re: problems with label of tape in last slot

2005-10-25 10:57:46
Subject: Re: problems with label of tape in last slot
From: Stefan Herrmann <magic99de AT web DOT de>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:32:35 +0200
sorry cant reproduce the error at the moment, because the tape in the last slot is in use.

amanda.conf:
dumpcycle 1 weeks
runspercycle 7
tapecycle 8 tapes

amdump is called once each day via cron.

the strange thing is that I some days ago had a tapecycle of only 6, and I also hat problems with that slot/label. but now that I have 8 tapes, I dont have problems with the 6th slot/label any more, but now with the 8th slot/label.

yeah you are right, labling is normally done only once. but as I was experimenting with tapes and slots, I did an amrmtape
and labeled all new.

yes, I sometimes have problems that the am* programs cant read the label of the tape in the last slot, especially
"amadmin daily find".

bye
Stefan Herrmann